Patagonia Luxury Tours
Patagonia doesn't have to mean camping or hosteling and if you're lucky enough to have a budget that can stretch far enough and a decent amount of time, you can see and experience all that Patagonia has to offer from the comfort of exclusive, luxury accommodation.
Take a look at our inspirational itineraries to get you thinking and let us know what you'd like to do. Bear in mind that all of our tours are completely customisable, so get in touch with your ideas and we can start to put together the best itinerary for you.
If part of your holiday is about enjoying that luxury hotel and the services that come with it, we offer a range of luxury hotel options which also act as great bases for hiking and many other activities.
We work with the most exclusive Patagonia hotels, which we highly recommend to those looking for a trip of a lifetime. Also see our 6 favourite lodges, some of which we like for their comfort, some for the unique excursions they offer.
Torres del Paine
- Tierra Patagonia - our most popular luxury base for exploring Patagonia's most popular national park.
- Explora Patagonia - the original luxury hotel in Torres, it combines comfort with spectacular views
- Awasi - a collection of luxurious secluded lodges just outside the national park offering truly personalised service
- Patagonia Camp - a remote & exclusive base where you'll stay in luxury yurts amid the forest canopy
- The Remota - a cultural and intellectual hideaway outside the National Park with excellent service and comfortable rooms.
- The Singular - provides a luxury experience with a slightly lower price tag.
El Chalten & Fitz Roy
- Aguas Arriba - an exclusive lakeside lodge only accessible by boat, it offers great excursions near Mt. Fitz Roy
- Antumalal - like an old 007 film-set, the retro design makes a stay here utterly unique; previous guests include the Queen
- Mitico Puelo - nestled in the lush Andes, this action-packed lodge challenges guests rather than pampering them
- Peuma Hue - a peaceful, lake-side retreat for gentle adventurers looking for comfort
Many luxury lodges in Patagonia have associations with other lodges and hotels in South America, most notably in the Atacama Desert in northern Chile. You can extend your adventure further afield without sacrificing top quality service and comfort, and discounts are often available for multi-destination bookings.
- The Tierra Patagonia in Torres del Paine National Park has an equally luxurious sister lodge in the Atacama Desert.
- Book 7 days, split between the two hotels as you like and get a 10% discount.
- Awasi has exclusive lodges in both Torres del Paine and the Atacama.
- Combine both of these lodges to get 10% off when you spend at least 3 nights in each.
- The Explora Patagonia in Torres del Paine has two sister hotels; one is in the Atacama and the other on Easter Island, a beautiful isolated place over 2000 miles off the western coast of Chile.
- Stay at 2 of these destinations to receive 10% off, or visit all 3 with a 15% discount.
- The Singular Hotel has a 5 Star luxury sister hotel in the Chilean capital, Santiago, which is the gateway to Torres del Paine.
- Book 3 nights in Torres del Paine and get a free night in Santiago.
NOTE: most offers exclude the peak period around Christmas and New Year. Contact us for full details.
Patagonia Cruises are an amazing way to see some of the region's most spectacular landscapes and wildlife. Adventure cruises in Tierra del Fuego allow you to get up close to glaciers, penguins and whales and even set foot on Cape Horn, while other cruises take you through the breathtaking fjords of northern Patagonia.
Why not combine your luxury tour of Patagonia with an Antarctic cruise?
If you're looking for a holiday in Patagonia and beyond, the ultimate adventure at the top of many people's list is an Antarctic cruise. All trips to Antarctica begin in Patagonia, with most cruises setting out from the southernmost city in the world - Ushuaia.
Antarctica is like nowhere else on earth, and you can see the Great White Continent in 6 to 32 days, depending on your budget and your appetite for adventure. We offer a wide variety of trips, some of which visit the Falkland Islands and South Georgia, cross the Antarctic circle at 66 degrees south or include kayaking, camping, sailing and trekking in Antarctica.
For those of you that would like to avoid crossing the notorious Drake Passage twice, our operators have put together Fly and Cruise options, which cut out about two days of sailing time and allow you to fly in and out of Antarctica.
If you want to see Antarctica in luxury, take a look at the choice of Antarctic cruise ships and find the one that suits you best.
Swoop's expertise: How we tailor your trip
Finding the right adventure for you
First and foremost, we're about helping you find the right adventure activities for your experience and appetite for exploring. Patagonia offers a huge range of experiences and opportunities and not everything is right for everyone.
Your time is precious, both before and during your trip.
Before your trip, we help to plan things so that there's no dead time - time to relax of course, but no time lost due ot incompatible transport scheduling. We'll put together detailed, day-by-day itineraries including details of flights, grond travel, accommodation, contingencies, and activity departure times.
Swoop ensures that these itineraries make the journeys part of the adventure. For example:
- instead of the bus from Puerto Natales to Torres del Paine, kayak up a beautiful fjord, past glaciers, and get your first glimpse of the Towers of Paine instead
- forget faffing with a series of transfers and expensive flights from Punta Arenas to Tierra del Fuego. Go on an incredible 4-day cruise past Cape Horn and Patagonia's best glaciers, fjords and wildlife
- stop over in an authentic estancia and get a feel for gaucho life, rather than stay in just another characterless hotel when journeying between El Chalten and Torres del Paine
The right balance
It's always tempting to try to squeeze as much as possible into a trip, especially when it's on the other side of the world. We can give you objective and informed advice on which places to visit and how to get to them, finding the right balance between whistle-stop tours across the whole region and focusing on just one national park.
How can we help you?
We are Patagonian specialists, and have helped all sorts of different people arrange their perfect adventure holiday in Patagonia. Whatever your budget, group size, length of stay, preferred activity or appetite for adventure we're here to help you.
- Join a group trek or tour
- Plan an independent day by day itinerary
- Organise your group's trek, expedition or multi-sport adventure
- Tailor-made luxury holidays
Find out how we can help you >>
We've spent 15 years exploring Patagonia, and arranged holidays for over a thousand customers. We have a network of trusted guides, lodges, and local operators across the region and delight in helping people plan and arrange a great holiday.
You can book directly with our local partners in Chile and Argentina, or with our ATOL certified company here in the UK.